[fsug-bangalore] VTU FLOSS Campaign Update

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Aug 8 11:38:47 IST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 10:19 +0530, Raj Shekhar wrote:
> Maybe we can try giving presentations to the students and the teachers
> on why free software is important in education and how it can help their
> career.  I am not 100% sure, but the course content of the universities
> is decided by a council of teachers every year.  The VC has to approve
> their recommendations.  Another trick that I had learned from an
> NGO-activist was to create awareness about the issue through mainstream
> newspaper articles and "letter to the editor".
That gives us two action points.

1) Awareness programs to teachers/lectuers.

2) Media Persons involvements.

I think Sofia Tippoo of Times of India and J.Murali & Anand Parthasarthy
of Hindu are regular tech new contributors. We need to connect with
them.

Cheers

--
arky