[fsug-bangalore] FSUG- Kochi Website

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu May 6 12:27:28 IST 2004

--- Sajith T S <sajith at symonds.net> wrote:
> Rakesh 'arky' Ambati wrote:
>
> > In the last Gnu(s) Grazing Sajith had asked about
> > listing of various Users Groups,I can find it here
> on
> > http://www.gnu.org/gnu/fs-user-groups.html.
>
> Well, I was asking about a directory of Free
> Software usergroups and
> (GNU/)Linux user groups in India in
> http://www.gnu.org.in, with a
> state-wise breakup or something - such a central
> place would be helpful
> for activists in the country.
>
> Abhas told us that such a list exists in
> linux-india.org, but what
> I could find was a placeholder page which should be
> containing
> information about ILUG chapters. That page needs to
> be updated :)

  Yes,There used to be a page when linux-india was
maintained by bangalore LUG(you know who).The
currently linux-india site is being taken care by
Rajkumar and gang,I have already sent a htmlized list
of chapters and some indic project articles to  him,as
he stuck with some other work he'll update them in a
few days.You can join that project on sarovar.org.

> Some bragging here: yours truly was responsible for
> FSUG Kochi being listed up there :)

  Why don't do the same here,sajith.

>And the response time from
> gnu.org webmasters
> was awful - looked like the volunteers were really
> overworked :(

Its always the same,you need some patience here.Not
every has free like you and me.

> > Putting up press kit is really a great idea.
> >
> > Now before we go about building our website,what
> we
> > need find a balance between technical and advocacy
> > issues.
>
> Hmm, where are we going to host ourself in the www?

  Yes, I guess Abhas may provide some remedy for it.

--arky

PS:To the guy (that must be you sajith)who used sign
off with 'If I had a hammer there would be no folk
singers'. I would like say <sings> If I had a hammmer
I would break your head.

 I love that song damn it, have you heard the OST of
'Confessions of Dangrous Mind'