Multi-lingual CD's

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon May 10 13:38:01 IST 2004

Hello Friends,

    In the last Gnu(s) Grazing,I remember someone's
pointing out the advantage having a multi-lingual
liveCD's while promoting Free Software.

    I guess we don't need to build such distro's coz
most of the work has been done by Dr.Nagarjuna and his
 team(Please see the thread).What needs to be done is
lot of extensive testing and feedback.

  The work is really cut-out for us.
    Anyone game for it.

--arky

<thread>

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/print/0,23102,3680996,00.html)

> >    In the last Gnu(s) Grazing meet held last
> sunday
> > 2nd  of May in bangalore,one of the topic we
> discussed
> > was about building a live Distro with  free
> > software(of course) and all Indian languages.
> >
> >    It would a great tool for spreading free
> software
> > here in india.Anyone interested in taking up such
> > project,perhaps someone from www.indlinux.org
> project.
>
> We have made three versions of such CD based on
> Knoppix. one for
> schools, one for college and one for office use, all
> of them support
> Indian Languages.  We will keep them for download by
> the end of May.
> the students who did the work are busy in finishinng
> their exams.  If we
> have time we will remake the versions on Knoppix 3.4
> and then release.
> Any of you willing to give us feebdack and testing,
> please send your
> emails and postal address to me, I will mail the CDs
> to you.
>
> Nagarjuna

</thread>