[fsug-bangalore] Knock knock.

Suraj suraj@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jun 13 10:03:19 IST 2004

Sajith T S wrote:
,----
| Coming back to my better senses,  it looks like I went overboard... it
| didn't   have  to   be   this  unpleaseant.   I   understand  that   a
| volunteer-driven non-profit  organisation like FSF  India could always
| do with better resources and volunteering, not a rant like this.
`----

Its okay Sajith  :) It happens. Had  this topic come up a  year ago, I
would have reacted  in the same way.

We can still make a small change in our own way. At this point I would
like  to share a  few "lessons"  that I  learnt from  the Demo at Schools
project:

1. If you want  to make a change (be it  about Free Software Education
or even cleaning up  your own room) it has to have  an equal amount of
contribution from  all the people involved.  When a few  people put in
too much energy, those others who cannot put such an enthu *might* get
bogged down and they will eventually stop contributing whatever energy
thast they could afford.

2. If a  project starts shooting up at  a very high angle  at the very
beginning its almost  always going to follow the law  of gravity -- it
will become a "falling knife" (pardon me for my stock market lingua ;)
)

cheers,

  -Suraj

--