[fsug-bangalore] Knock knock.

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jun 14 00:53:40 IST 2004

Hi Friends,

--- Suraj <suraj at symonds.net> wrote:
> Its okay Sajith  :) It happens. Had  this topic come
> up a  year ago, I
> would have reacted  in the same way.
>
> We can still make a small change in our own way. At
> this point I would
> like  to share a  few "lessons"  that I  learnt from
>  the Demo at Schools
> project:

   It was indeed your "lessons" that helped FSUG-blr
till now. Abhas and me had met suraj on a sunday as he
was always bunking Gnu(s) Grazing.

   Going too fast and aiming to high will get faster
to nadir.(that's something I learnt)

> 1. If you want  to make a change (be it  about Free
> Software Education  or even cleaning up  your own
>room) it has to have  an equal amount of
> contribution from  all the people involved.

  The idea behind having a active mailing-list to get
a platform where in the ideas local to FSUG-blr could
be disscused.

   We hope that over the time, we can get more
contribution but we have wait now.

> 2. If a  project starts shooting up at  a very high
> angle  at the very beginning its almost  always
going > to follow the law  of gravity --

   And there is one more variable plays a vital role
here,that is "time". Putting our(Arun,Abhas and gang)
energy behind building FSUG-blr I had to taken into
account that this work may take years.

    I think that July 21'st event would be great
success, now that we have some great chap'a around
here.Wish Ramanraj was in bangalore,though I'll try to
get him shipped here for the event.

> will become a "falling knife" (pardon me for my
> stock market lingua ;)
> )

 A pharse like 'falling like a hot potato' is more apt
;D, never heard of 'falling knife' and don't fancy
standing behind it when it does.

cheers

--arky

PS: Either you teach me tamil or change you sig qoute
to a lanugage I understand.They are interesting but
its greek to me.