[Fsf-kerala] Typing Malayalam

Roshan Mathews rmathews@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Oct 31 19:30:58 IST 2007

On 10/31/07, Eric John <Eric.John at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Both appz seems to give the same output for actual mallu words (eg. keralam,
> kili, megham etc), but seem to mess it up for english words. Being totally
> unaware about language processing algos and not being proficient in
> malayalam(!), I kinda find this interesting and weird.

Quillpad is supposed to respond to English words with output that's
phonetically similar to the English pronunciations ... I can't read
Malayalam (except for four or five letters), so could someone "read"
them out for me?

> The obvious fact being google seems to mess up quillpad(കുഇല്ല്പദ് ) and
> quillpad seems to mess up google(ഗൂക്ലേ)

Ah, I see a 'k' in the transliteration of Google ... does that say "GooKle?"

--
Roshan Mathews