[Fsf-india] Re: RMS talk in Bangalore (fwd)

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 06:43:54 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 at 11:00, Devang Patel wrote:

[...]

   One or more resignation won't guarantee that it will never happen
   again. It is better to amend whatever FSF India Board
   policy/procedure is regarding the sharing information on this
   mailing list.

Who's there to amend the policy/procedure of the FSF India Board? Do
you know that FSF India is going to be registered as a non-profit
company and the sole share holders and board of directors are the
members of the current FSF India Board? Dont you sense the
foundations of silence in the irrevocable positions they've acquired
in the Company?

How the community will force a change of policy on the five member
board who're the owners of the company?

Prof Gopinath hasn't ever posted a mail to this list (as
Ramakrishnan rightly pointed out, he's always in the read only
mode), while RMS himself has posted many times when situations
warranted that. Do you need someone who is tight lipped and seems to
have taken an oath not to speak at all to lead a community that
survives solely on the very basis of transparent communication and
collective efforts?

Do we need a person who goes/acts against the collective
consciousness of the community? We need to get rid of him at the
earliest and the rest of the Board members may please help in this.

--
Radhakrishnan