[Fsf-india] Re: RMS talk in Bangalore (fwd)

Devang Patel dpatel@apple.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:00:53 -0800

On Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at 03:01  PM, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 at 10:22, Rajkumar S. wrote:
>
>> PL. see http://agni.csa.iisc.ernet.in/rms/ for any updates to the
>> above program.
>
>    Gosh!! I wish I could have attended this program!!!
>
>    If Prof Gopinath had this info, how come that FSF Board did not
>    get this information in advance? To the best of my knowledge Prof
>    Gopinath is a member of FSF Board? It will be enlightening to
>    know what else is behind discussed in the Board.
>
> This is a very serious matter, Prof Gopinath should at least exhibit
> the courage to take the moral responsibility of keeping the list
> members in dark about the visit of RMS and should resign from the
> FSF India Board immediately.
>
> If that doesn't happen, other responsible Board members if they feel
> the gravity of the matter should resign from the Board, because the
> Board has pathetically failed to discharge its responsibilities to
> the free software community in this country.

One or more resignation won't guarantee that it will never happen again.
It is better to amend whatever FSF India Board policy/procedure is
regarding the sharing information on this mailing list.

Devang