[FSF India] Talking about free software in schools

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
08 Nov 2001 12:50:05 +0530

ab@gnu-india.org (M.P.Anand Babu) writes:

> I agree 100%. Lets work towards that. I guess the Board members
> should come  up with the coordination plans.

Where can I find a list of the Board members? (Shouldn't the "Who we
are" link on fsf.org.in point to this information rather than pointing
to the people page of FSF?) I had asked a couple of questions
regarding FSF-India's registration status and authorised signatories
to which there have been no answers yet. Is this some kind of
privileged information :) ?

As for the "coordination plans", I have already outlined a simple plan
whereby once an interested volunteer has compiled a list of schools
which he can go to, he submits the list to the "coordinator" who then
inserts the volunteers' name and contact details in pre-drafted
letters, gets them signed by an authorised signatory, and posts them
with accompanying free software literature to the schools listed by the
volunteer.

As for the content of the talk itself, we need to do some
brainstorming and arrive at at least an uniform outline. Bob Chassell's
speaker page seems like a good place to start:

  http://www.rattlesnake.com/Speaker-info.html

Also, there is supposed to be a 2-hour talk by Bradley M. Kuhn
(http://www.fsf.org/people/bkuhn/gnu-generation.txt). If somebody can
post a pointer to the full transcript of this talk, it would be a
great help.

Please note once again that this proposed project has nothing to do
with choice of GNU/Linux distributions etc. I think it is definitely
possible to introduce 15-year-olds to the wonders of free software
without digressing into the details of OS distributions.

Regards,
Khuzaima