[Fsf-india] IT Policy Govt of Kerala

Pappu pappu10@mailandnews.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:56:00 +0530

On Wednesday, 5 December 2001 17:34:25 +0530, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
 > It is very easy to demand many things,
Please let me know if it is wrong to do so. TIA.
 > but not that easy to find
 > enough resources to maintain/provide what is needed. For instance,
 > FSF India do not have a server of their own, that means we have to
 > rely on someone else's resources which obviously leads to unforeseen
 > constraints.
Well,  one email  in a  month doesn't  require any  of these  (I think
so. Correct me  if I am wrong). I get  FSF-Europe sends status reports
through email.
 >     1) What projects are going on.
 > Nothing in an organized form as far as I can see.
In  that  case,  how was  the  fact  that  'man  power is  a  problem'
identified?  I  once saw  a  screen shot  of  a  program displaying  a
malayalam sentence in this list. Can we have the source code for that?
 > Do you have server space to provide so that the developers around
 > can seamlessly work on a project? Could you find a benevolent
 > corporate or institution who can provide enough server facilities
 > for FSF India?
savannah.gnu.org.

Are we  looking for a  state of the  art solution? Unless the  code is
very huge,  (unlikely for any new  project) we could  always have used
some free online storage  space provider, at least temporarily, so that
interested persons  could take  a look. Really  small programs  can be
transfered as email attachments also.

Anyway, Savannah solves all these problems.

bye,
pappu.