[Fsf-india] IT Policy Govt of Kerala

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:34:25 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 at 17:08, Pappu wrote:

   I guess this is regarding the registration.  What about other
   activities? Is there any place where we can know what exactly
   are the works already done and what is to be done?

It is very easy to demand many things, but not that easy to find
enough resources to maintain/provide what is needed. For instance,
FSF India do not have a server of their own, that means we have to
rely on someone else's resources which obviously leads to unforeseen
constraints. Only recently the site had been moved to TIFR severs,
we may hope that everything will come up nicely well as we all
expect to have.

   Is this manpower for maintaining the web page or for the
   projects. If it is regarding the projects, many people,
   including myself would like to know ..

    1) What projects are going on.

Nothing in an organized form as far as I can see.

    2) What is the current status of each of them

Not applicable.

    3) Where and how can we get the code that has already been
       written

Not applicable.

   I have seen that all previous requests for code have been
   neglected. How can we expect manpower for a free software
   project, if the already written code is not made available as
   free software?

Do you have server space to provide so that the developers around
can seamlessly work on a project? Could you find a benevolent
corporate or institution who can provide enough server facilities
for FSF India?

--
Radhakrishnan