[Fsf-india] IT Policy Govt of Kerala

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:20:15 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 at 17:56, Pappu wrote:

   On Wednesday, 5 December 2001 17:34:25 +0530, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
    > It is very easy to demand many things,

   Please let me know if it is wrong to do so. TIA.

Nothing wrong, but we all have the same responsibilities. Except for
the inaugural event, nothing is organized in the FSF India, it is
not even a legal entity. It might take time to accomplish all the
above. Untill then, please appreciate the shortcomings and volunteer
to assist the current Board members in their efforts.

   Well, one email in a month doesn't require any of these (I
   think so. Correct me if I am wrong).

Excellent. Please volunteer yourself to do the job. Please come up
with ideas of projects in the fsf-dev or fsf-prog so that developers
will come forward to assist you. Let us start the work instead of
wasting time.

   In that case, how was the fact that 'man power is a problem'
   identified?  I once saw a screen shot of a program displaying
   a malayalam sentence in this list. Can we have the source code
   for that?

Hope Arun might be reading this post, I'm sure he will send you the
sources. I know the work was arrested due to his preoccupations
relating to the registration of FSF India and discussions with the
government of Kerala.

   savannah.gnu.org.

Great. As there are no projects currently available, you can lead
the way with fresh ones.

   Are we looking for a state of the art solution? Unless the
   code is very huge, (unlikely for any new project) we could
   always have used some free online storage space provider, at
   least temporarily, so that interested persons could take a
   look. Really small programs can be transfered as email
   attachments also.

Sure.

   Anyway, Savannah solves all these problems.

--
Radhakrishnan