[Fsf-friends] Re: CDAC fonts with Emacs.

Nikhil Prabhakar prabhakar.nikhil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:06:02 CEST 2005

Hi all,

On 10/13/05, Richard M. Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:

> Thank you. The fact that the emacs-indian/m-17 site
>
> Could you please download them, extract the license that they carry,
> and show it to us?

I downloaded the package and couldn't find any licence file.But according to
me It seems to have some proprietory licencing because first line at
http://www.m17n.org/emacs-indian/ says that Project Team has received
permission from C-DAC to use the font.GPL or compatible licences don't
require that kind of permission. I wonder how these fonts will be integrated
with Emacs without having GPL licencing.

Regards

Nikhil Prabhakar

"Live Life Ethically"

www.gnu.org/philosophy <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy>