[Fsf-friends] Re: CDAC fonts with Emacs.

Richard M. Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Oct 13 06:52:32 CEST 2005

    Thank you. The fact that the emacs-indian/m-17 site

I am not familiar with this site.  What is its full name?
Could you tell me the names and email addresses of the
people who run them?

							mentions the CDAC
    fonts, and provides them for download had me assuming that they might
    be available under the GPL (or some equivalent for fonts) license. I
    shall see if someone from CDAC can clarify.

If these fonts are in fact still non-free, then it is a very bad thing
for a site associated with Emacs to be offering them for download, or
even to mention that they exist.

We need to find out the real situation.  There is no need to talk with
"someone from CDAC" about it; that is not reliable, since the
"someone" might try to confuse the matter--or might simply be
mistaken.  It could take you lots of work and time to find the right
"someone" and get a straight answer.  That work is unnecessary anyway.

The question is: what is license on these fonts?  That is a simple
factual question, and you can check the answer directly.  Just
download them from the "emacs-indian/m-17 site" and look at what
license they contain.

Could you please download them, extract the license that they carry,
and show it to us?