[Fsf-friends] Thank You Everyone...

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Mon Mar 15 00:03:45 IST 2004

Smith S.Raj said on Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 09:17:46AM -0800,:

 > all...Every single one was done free of cost...but we did all these

`Free  of  cost'  is  a  good  thing. But  `Free  software'  is  about
freedom. Have ever  considered what would happen if  one fine morning,
they  discontinued weebee???  Years  of your  effort at  learning that
`language' will  go wasted.  This (disappearance from  the market) has
already  happened to  several  database application.  It  is going  to
happen to *every* vendor of anti virus software.

 > QT design idea poped up at this stage... any way thanks to every one...

There are some myths about QT dual licensing. One such myth is that if
you charge money  for a software based on GPL'ed  version QT, you need
to pay  trolltech (holders of the  QT Copyright). It is  not true. You
can base your software on GPL'ed QT and charge money for that, so long
as your application is uner the GPL.  If, and only if you wan to use a
non-free  license for  *your*  application does  the  need for  paying
TrollTech arise.

There is no such thing as 'trial version' of a GPL'ed free software.

There  is  no  such thing  as  `free  of  cost' software.   Only  Free
Software. The price you pay for using non-Free freeware (trial version
or not) is heavy ...

--

  Mahesh T. Pai, LL.M.,
  'NANDINI', S. R. M. Road,