[Fsf-friends] [OT] Say no to slavery and proprietary codecs

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Mon Apr 19 17:45:23 IST 2004

Senthil_OR@Dell.com said on Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 03:15:48PM +0530,:

 > intact  so that people  (like me,  who sort  the mails  in threaded
 > fashion  using the  Subject  line)  may keep  track  and enjoy  the
 > discussion.

But, that is  a very bad way to  sort mails. The proper way  is to use
the X-BeenThere  header for mailman mailing lists.  Other mailing list
software have  their own  way of allowing  a recipient  to distinguish
between diffirent  copies of same mail,  one coming as  a personal cc;
and another coming via the mailing list.

 > Your subject line ofcourse relates to your content, but It would be
 > a good ( list) practise I believe. What do you say?

If  you use the  X-Beenthere header,  even if  you change  the subject
line, the mail will continue to be threaded in good mail user agents /
clients.

--

  Mahesh T. Pai, LL.M.,
  'NANDINI', S. R. M. Road,