[Fsf-friends] [ Fwd: [malayalamlinux] Malayalam translation of the GPL]

Mahesh T Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:49:03 +0530

Satish Babu wrote:

> I would consider it important to examine GPL vis-a-vis other forms of
> licencing schemes in the context of government and institutional applications
>  (esp. in view of the FRIENDS fiasco).

Is anybody associated with the FRIENDS project on the list?  I would like some
info (of course, off the list) on what happened there - to create something like
a case study.

> Can we think of a seminar/workshop with resource persons such as Mahesh
> sometime in future? One possible outcome of such a seminar could be a report
> or even a book on software licensing issues in the Indian context (in
> Malayalam and/or English).

Well, I will be happy to participate in seminars.  Books will involve greater
efforts, and I will consider that.

Thanks for the overhelming response to everybody on the list.
I am still looking forward to more feed back.

Mahesh T Pai