[ILUG-BOM] Need Help: Sify Vs Linux (solved?)

Swapnil Bhartiya arnieswap at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 21:05:20 IST 2008

> > I posted this a while ago, I am facing a strange
> problem for the last 15 days. I can not browse the Internet
> though Linux, where as it works well if I do it through the
> 'now' discarded Windows XP. The problem is sometime
> Linux does connect me to the Internet. At the same time I
> can use Pidgin etc and other Bittorent clients to download
> distros, but cant browse the Internet.. Another amazing
> thing is, while I cannt open any other site, Microsoft.com
> opens in a second...so what could be the issue?

Thanks everybody for offering various solutions for the problem that I was facing. However none worked, but it seems there 'was' some problem at Sify end. The hell I created there forced them to look into deeper, but the only solution they could come out after internal check-up is to give me a new IP. But I dont think that should be a solution. I will update the list, if this worked or not..
Thanks again

Swapnil