[ILUG-BOM] problem with mounting usb drive in debian etch

Pradnyesh Sawant pradnyesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Feb 4 17:49:45 IST 2007

On 04 Feb, 05:39:44 PM, Pradnyesh Sawant wrote:
> Hello,
> big brother google told to check /proc/partitions, but that shows only my HDD
> partitions, and doesn't show any information about the usb drive :(
google also says, add user to "plugdev" group. but i wonder that if
/dev/sda? itself is absent, how is the above solution going to work?

also, i forgot to add the following in my previous mail:

~ $ lspci | grep -i usb
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:02.2 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)

~ $ lsmod | grep -i usb
usbcore               113412  3 ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd

Thanks again!
--
warm regards,
Pradnyesh Sawant