[ILUG-BOM] problem with mounting usb drive in debian etch

Pradnyesh Sawant pradnyesh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Feb 4 17:39:44 IST 2007

Hello,
i recently upgraded debian from sarge to etch (apt-get dist-upgrade), and
since then my usb ain't getting detected.
initially my /etc/fstab lines were as follows
###
/dev/sda1 /media/usb1 vfat noauto,users,uid=500    0 0
/dev/sda2 /media/usb2 vfat noauto,users,uid=500    0 0
###
but now i get the following error:
mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist

i checked /dev and saw that "sda?" does not exist at all. but something
called "usbdev[123].1_ep[00][81]" exists. using them, however gave me the
following error:
mount: /media/usb1/ is not a block device

big brother google told to check /proc/partitions, but that shows only my HDD
partitions, and doesn't show any information about the usb drive :(

Thanks for all the help
--
warm regards,
Pradnyesh Sawant