[ILUG-BOM] [Commercial] Linux openings @ NetMagic

Dhawal Doshy dhawal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Feb 3 17:46:41 IST 2007

Vihan Pandey wrote:
>> We at NetMagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (a leading data center based out of
>> Goregaon, Mumbai) have a requirement for a Level 2 Linux Administrators
>> / Engineers for our 24x7 Network Operations Center. Basic but critical
>> requirements being decent communication, excellent attitude towards work
>> and ability to work as a team (and they can compensate for lack of
>> experience to a certain extent). You should also be willing to work in
>> shifts.
>>
>> The technical requirements being:
>>
>> Protocols: SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, LDAP, DNS
>> Other Skills: Shell scripting
>> Products: qmail/Postfix, Apache, Courier-IMAP, BIND, OpenLDAP
>>
>> Also beneficial if you know:
>> Database: MySQL, PgSQL
>> Others: iptables, perl scripting, Tomcat, SpamAssassin, SNMP
>>
>> If you fit the requirements and are interested OR possibly know someone
>> who might be looking for a change, kindly contact me with your/their
>> latest profile.
>>
>> NetMagic is huge supporter of Free/Open Software, though we also work
>> with proprietary software as driven by our customer's needs. Our profile
>> can be viewed at www.netmagicsolutions.com
>

> On the topic i would like to say something :
>
> i have visited and interacted NetMagic and it is a REALLY cool place to
> work
> :-) They are die hard professionals, VERY knowledgeable and do things with
> extreme precision and efficiency and are also VERY nice in terms of
> mannerisms and attitude :-) Their infrastructure is world class too.
>
> And yes, the very much ARE huge supporters of Free/Open Software :-)
>
> If you are the best at what you do on a *nix box/server, that's one of THE
> places for you.
>
> Just my thoughts ... :-)

Thanks Vihan for the kind words of appreciation.. however i would like
to add that the picture is not always so rosy. Being part of a support
infrastructure in most organizations is a thankless job. No one notices
a job well done, but one screw up and you are hammered. The situation
gets slightly worse when you are multitasking and handling multiple
customers.

We at NetMagic realize that handling pressure is very person specific
(some excel under pressure, other wilt) and as a result are trying to
add more personnel to create a non-pressure situation for ourselves thus
giving a better experience to our Customers. We also encourage giving
our employees enough freedom for personal and technical growth..

Vihan (being a customer) visited NetMagic a couple of weeks ago for a
tour of the datacenter.. and hence only saw the grass green.

BTW, i (yet) do not have any stake in NetMagic but am just a happy
employee for the past 5+ years.. before that i was one of their customers.

cheers,
- dhawal