[ILUG-BOM] [OT] Hardware Problems - Maybe CPU/Mobo

Roshan d_rosh2001@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Feb 1 00:00:39 IST 2007

--- Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
> Hi,

>When I switch on the computer, the monitor
> doesn't get any
> signal. The power supply and CPU fans are on.

You mean the display signal ? Or the power signal (not
the latter, I guess).

> Any suggestions or ideas?

I had faced similar symptoms a year ago and found that
CMOS battery was dead / malfunctioning. Removed the
battery and replaced it with a new one.
Try doing this.

If the POST isn't reached, I guess, its more likely
the CMOS battery that is _probably_ blocking further
operations. (GUESS).

Also try running your computer without the CMOS
battery.

--
FSF-India Fellow Associate
http://www.gnu.org.in