[ILUG-BOM] [OT] Hardware Problems - Maybe CPU/Mobo

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 31 20:25:57 IST 2007

Hi,

My monitor suddenly turned itself off while I was using the computer
in the afternoon. The keyboard stopped working too. Since then, I've
tried:

Connecting the monitor to the onboard graphics instead of the AGP card.
Replacing the power supply.
Both the power supplies with all the load like hard disks and DVD
drives disconnected.
Two different monitors.

No go.

Then I had an idea and tried removing the RAM. There were no beeps, so
probably, even POST isn't reached.

I then disassembled, cleaned and reassembled everything. Nothing
worked. When I switch on the computer, the monitor doesn't get any
signal. The power supply and CPU fans are on.

Any suggestions or ideas?

I can't find a compatible processor or motherboard anywhere to test
out mine. It's a 754 pin AMD Sempron64 processor.

--