[ILUG-BOM] Debian trends and future distros.

jtd jtd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jan 30 20:15:20 IST 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 19:58, Vihan Pandey wrote:
> > Are both drives the same?. I can burn moserbaer 52x cds at 52x on
> > a Sony DVD and 32x on a LG cd writer which is 32x capable. Sarge
> > R4, k3b0.11.20
>
> My desktop has a Samsung DVD+R writer and my laptop has a DVD ROM(a
> compaq with a generic HL-DT-ST -RW /DVD GCC -4244N).

My laptop dvd combo (Quanta SBW-242b) was not reading. I found the
plastic part with 3 tiny springs damaged and hence not centering the
cd properly. Had to replace the drive, cause that part is not likely
to be available.

--
Rgds
JTD