[ILUG-BOM] Re: Seek advice to quit Windows

Manoj Srivastava srivasta@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 21 02:06:07 IST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:50:31 +0530 (IST), Philip Tellis said:

> Sometime on Jan 20, Manoj Srivastava assembled some asciibets to
> say:
>>> Fix your client for the last time or stop quoting me!
>>
>> If you would point out what exactly is broken, I would be happy to
>> oblige. Seems like my MUA is correctly generating the attribution.

> Your MUA is using his email address as the attribution rather than
> his name.  Since pipermail only filters out email addresses from the
> header, that means that you're effectively putting his email address
> up on the net for everyone to see.

        Heh. SO it is not my MUA that is broken, but some strange
 phobia about letting ones email loose. I guess I am too used to real
 world mailing lists, like lkml, debian, and the fsf, to think it
 could be a quaint little reason like this.

> Change your quoting style to use sender's name rather than email.

        I'll consider it. Really, tell me, what in his behaviour
 towards me leads you to think I should grant him the favour of this
 concession?

        manoj
 who can be reached at srivasta.ieee.org, srivasta at acm.org,
 srivasta at computer.org, srivasta at golden-gryphon.com, and