[ILUG-BOM] A veiwpoint about FSF's campaign

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 17 22:31:22 IST 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 21:54, Roshan wrote:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/view/ryanl/2006/12/30/0
>
> This article *_indirectly_* speaks about the dominance
> of Non-Free software right from the early years of
> computing, and also recognizes the efforts of FSF to
> make users realize, that Non-Free isn't any good.
> Perhaps, it speaks about being "It works!" / "It
> should work whatsoever" approach.

I actually agree with some of the views expressed there. I've already
expressed mine on this list. Know your target. Learn marketing. Show an
average Joe that there's an alternate that works equally well. Show
businessman how to save money and get better security and stability. Show
freedom to those who're concerned with it, wannabe hackers for example. Learn
marketing.

Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net