[ILUG-BOM] Opensource for a Small Manufacturing unit

Dinesh Joshi dinesh.a.joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jan 15 23:25:14 IST 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 22:03, Aseem Rane wrote:
> I did read my post many times after your reply.
> But unfortunately I am still unable to understand where I
> "criminalized" FSF.

I should've written a more detailed reply. I did not mean that YOU
criminalized FOSS. I should've said that the people who criminalized
FOSS thought on similar lines i.e.:

> The society without any constitution and laws is more free than a
> society having various laws and rules preventing certain behavior.

For example an old "buddy" of mine on a certain forum who owns a
magazine and is also the "Regional Director of M$ for North India" has
"criminalized" FOSS on the same lines that you stated. He also stated
the same two lines that I quoted above. Infact there is an on going
thread where he has ruthlessly butchered the FOSS philosophy and
spreading FUD amongst the forum members. According to him GPL "taints"
developers. It is "viral" ( not in the sense that we FOSS supporters
take it ) and also creates more "damage" than anything else can. It
falsely claims to "protect" freedoms where as infact it takes them
away... Its misrepresents itself to "fool" people into thinking that
they are getting freedom. According to him, its not even an "open"
license. Infact M$ shared source license is much better that GPL as it
atleast doesn't "misrepresents" itself by falsely claiming to give
"freedom"...

Dinesh A. Joshi