[ILUG-BOM] Opensource for a Small Manufacturing unit

Dinesh Joshi dinesh.a.joshi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jan 15 21:08:48 IST 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 20:25, Aseem Rane wrote:
> Ooooppps. There is a BIG misinterpretation here.

Be more verbose the next time and make your point clear.

> While writing that I thought I was supporting Free software and GPL.
> Let me clarify.
>
> BSD license puts lesser restrictions on what you can do with the
> software. I wanted to say that even though GPL puts more
> restrictions, it is better. See it in the context of KG's mail which
> says OSS is "more free" than FSS and nothing wrong with that.
>
> Exactly. So my point is even though GPL puts more restrictions, these
> restrictions are for good and ensures better freedom for end users.
> So we are on the same side here, aren't we?
> As I said earlier,

The true freedom lies in getting to choose the GPL or BSD or whatever
license you want. Nobodys shoving GPL down anybodys throat =P

> I don't know why you thought that I am "criminalizing" FSF.

Dont blame me. Read your own post.

Dinesh A. Joshi