[ILUG-BOM] Re: GNU/Linux adoption in Kerala

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Sep 24 00:16:39 IST 2006

On Saturday 23 September 2006 20:57, krishnakant Mane wrote:
> On 23/09/06, Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Is enforcing freedom really freedom?
>
> yes it is.
> because if it is by force then people will never use it happily and
> for long time.
> ask those people who changed from microsoft to linux, I will give you
> addresses of my customres.
> see, it is a simple thing.  people don't know that there is some
> thing free and that respects their rights unless we show and prove it
> to them.  that is why who ever excepted linux will often say "wow! we
> never knew this exists!"  so it shows that it is just the matter of
> enforcing this freedom just to force fear uncertainly and doubts out
> of the minds of people.
> after that tell them to come back to windows
> will they?
> Krishnakant.

I don't agree. They should be shown the door, not pushed through it. Of
course, it isn't a bad thing, in this case, but still. How would you
like it if I became the dictator of India, did all the good things for
the country, but took away your freedom in the process? Would you trade
your freedom for the greater good of even yourself?

Watch "Strip Search". An HBO production. Actually, I think that movie
was the cause HBO got into trouble recently.

Mrugesh Karnik
GPG Key 0xBA6F1DA8
Public key on http://wwwkeys.pgp.net