[ILUG-BOM] Help wanted : ideas

Boskey Chheda boskey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 15:46:34 IST 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 12:48, Nosferatu!!! wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 06:46:10PM +0100, sankalp shere wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> <snip>
>
> Lots of unwrapped text  blabbering about ideas
>
> </snip>
>

> Dude,
>
> First of all get your mail to use line wrapping. Judging from your
> language and tone I believe you are an engineering student and looking
> for a "cool" project to score marks/points/credits and to show off to
> your potential employers.

Unfortunately, engineering students in and around mumbai do not have subjects
that teach them Email etiquette.
There is no harm in being an "Engineering student" , who wants to have a
"cool" project to earn "Brownie points"
He could simply be a engineering student, who is very enthusiastic about his
actual first step into the world of technology, that is,  out of the world of
his books.
> Now, here is what I find incredibly astounding is that you say you want
> a "combo" of something viable and challenging, but are unable to get any
> ideas! That is really sad, there are a lot of unglamarous projects out
> there which require help. You should first see if you are able to help
> them. If want to be Linux RockStar then try porting the ReiserFS4 code
> to the Win32 platform....you and your team will become the poster boys
> of FLOSS.
>
> Learn to crawl before you try to fly, dude.
>
> And stop fishing for ideas, if you can't get them yourself, then you
> probably aren't as gifted as you think you are!

Please do not discourage upcoming technology graduates, if at all you want to
do something, encourage them, and who knows they WILL fly before they CRAWL.

Its a request to the entire list, let us stop flaming new people or students
for that matter.

Boskey