[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

krishnakant Mane researchbase@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 14:55:48 IST 2006

On 22/09/06, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:

> while  what u say is absolutely correct, the point is that are u an
> ethical businessman. If u are u choose similiar like minded people to
> do business with. If your client doesnt care about licence u can call
> up nasscom and nail the installer as well as the customer. U will
> still make money as M$ (and most other prop software cos ) will give
> u a hefty cut in the loot.
hmm, not a bad idea.  afterall as I say I like to earn money by making
people happy not cheeting them, I also will like to earn money by
being a part of a punishing system to these un ethical people.  rather
I would love to loot these people and put the money to good use like
what redhat does for marketing linux.  may be we will do it more
ethically than even redhat.  one case is Gandhi technical institute.
Mr. Phadke the director of that government institute, got a big
donation from m$ in cash and also a few windows computers.  I know him
personally.  and while at his house at gore gaon, he told me that he
has started a big project on linux traning and using that same money.
I have been to his institute and there is a big linux lab.  I think
this is a nice policy to loot these people and use the money for good
things.
> As other posts suggest there are innumerable successful strategies and
> tactics to follow. But there are very few non destructive ones to
> counter crooked customers. I simply walk out of any place that says
> they dont care about licencing issues cause i want customers who will
> survive the long haul and unethical ones are not going to last very
> long. Moreover the same crooked yardstick will be applied to you. a
> very unhealthy business situation on which to waste time if u ask me.
well as I said above every thing is fair in love and war.  and this is
the war of truth and reality.  so distructive or non distructive, some
policy like telling nascom is really good.
it will basically serve 2 things.  firstly, we will have live case
studies of people who were fined for using pyrated softwares.  so we
can tell people that such things indeed happen, specially to those who
say "India may sab chalta hain".  and secondly if we really can get
some money out of that loot, a person like me can use if for promoting
linux.  may be we can have another canonical in the making with the
help of money?
and if there are more such raids then importance of free software will
increase all the more.
Krishnakant.