[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

krishnakant Mane researchbase@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 14:06:07 IST 2006

exactly.
but what to say.
it is the matter of maintality of people.  right now most of my big
clients are running linux servers because I could easily convince them
to do so.
and a couple are now thinking of using linux desktops on their lap tops as well.
but that is all to it.
those people themselves say "servers are ok but our clearicle staff
wont change.  and although your data entry client can run on linux,
our staff wont change".
and these locle baniyas and retaill shops wont even care a dam for it.
just a few minutes back one of the retaill customer called up and
confirmed that he is not planning to shift to linux and will stull
continue with the much stable windows which is tried and tested as his
hardware guy told him.
"how funny, windows is stable!".
I don't think I will ever be able to convince people like this to use
linux.  this is where I said MR Bil ought to get some appreciation for
the brain work although it is used forselfish and bad cause..  it is
not a joke to make people believe that some system which is actually
the most pathetic and bull shit is the most stable thing.  and that
computers can't run without it.
we need to find out the best way to break this wrong notion.
I find great eas to convince big corporates to use it at least on the
server.  they do except at that level.  infact some knowledgeable
directors also have it on their laptops.  but windows seams to be one
fits all needs.  knowledgeable or not, directores or baniyas, big
business houses or small shopps, every one uses windows.  so will we
be happy by just saying "ok linux is for only those who have
knowledge?".
means we should only target a few small fractions of the market?
Krishnakant.
but how good it is for m$? corporates or local stores windows will
runn every where.