[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

Devdas Bhagat devdas@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 13:20:18 IST 2006

On 22/09/06 12:40 +0530, krishnakant Mane wrote:
> On 22/09/06, Devdas Bhagat <devdas at dvb.homelinux.org> wrote:
> >Hmmm, perhaps they need to speak to Cisco, Nortel, Dlink, IBM, HP, NTT,
> >Reliance, NIC, LIC ....
> they do agree. but just a couple of days back one of my clients was
> told by his hardware ghy that these big companies used it for research

OH, all right.

LIC and Canara Bank are big RedHat shops.

The backend for mail.com, usa.com, register.com,.... is production
boxes running Linux. As are user desktops, and laptops. This isn't R&D,
this is $$$ territory.

Oh, and ms.com uses Linux in production. Those people definitely know about
generating profits.

Devdas Bhagat