[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

Chetan S cshring@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 13:04:32 IST 2006

On 9/22/06, krishnakant Mane <researchbase at gmail.com> wrote:
> ".  so they wont care for open or close standards.  un ko kuch padi
> nahin hain freedom ki.
> Krishnakant.

Right. All they care about is money. So anything that generates money
without any problems is music to their ears.

It might help you to do a cost analysis for their specific business
and show them how much it helps them make _more_ money. not save
money. Remember more money speaks everything.
Quote MS information for creating huge TCO for maintaining MS stuff.
Use latest MS products for costing. Add duties to hardware.. give a
breakup and show how bleak their future is, now that NOBODY is going
to support win98 and soon 2000 ....

Oh and while you are at it you might tell them how MS is hunting down
customers with pirated software and spread every possible FUD about
pirated software crackdowns and quoting the fines and how so and so
got jacked. And also about patents.

So keep pestering and spreading the word. Its a trickle down effect
and not a quick switch. We do our job of spreading the word and the
people forced to use MS look up to us at work ;)

regards,