[ILUG-BOM] Re: listing Scenarios for usibility of linux on desktop, please contribute

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 20:48:18 IST 2006

krishnakant Mane wrote:
> On 21/09/06, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:

>> Tell them to put a new blank disk for their data and linux. U supply
>> the disk if neccessary. End of story.

> if that can happen nothing like it.  even I was thinking of making our
> clients at least dual boot their machines so that they start using
> gnu/linux.  only thing is most of them will not even allow a machine
> under amc to be touched.  and they will believe more on their hardware
> guy rather than some one coming from outside.

Krish, be very carefull in handling used machines. Many of them have a
certain 'touch and go' knack of working and even the best intentions
could land you in a big soup if his existing system breaks down. Look
for a standby or least used machine for experimenting.

> so putting a new hard
> disk will only be at the mercy of the hardware personal.

Regards,

Rony.