[ILUG-BOM] Re: listing Scenarios for usibility of linux on desktop, please contribute

krishnakant Mane researchbase@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Sep 21 19:27:08 IST 2006

On 21/09/06, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:
> I usually do it like this. Check the free space (maybe 30GB). Tell the
> hardware guy u need 55gb free space. He says new disk. U say customer
> will refuse. He says i will convince him. U thank him profusely.
that sounds very good.  I did it exactly the same way just a few hours back.
but forget convincing for a new hard disk, the hardware person told
streight on the face, "look you linux guys should first keep on
experimenting on ur machines.  this is a business machine and we have
critical data and day to day serious work.  we are not interested in
some expriments on this we use use tried tested and well known
operating system.  no one understands linux and it is not just a study
project.  as a loyal person I wont let him waist money on a hard disk
that will install all the study toys.  will you studetns pay if my
customer looses business due to your study os?"
I thought there is no point in talking with him.  but this is what is
going to happen time and again.
any ways I am trying to do a write up on this issue in english hindi
and marathi.
and give it to all people.  let's see what happens.
seams Mr. Bil must be appreciated for his excelent brain work that
even those who have never seen his face respect his work so much that
they have surrendered every thing to him.
Krishnakant.