[ILUG-BOM] Re: knopix on USB with reference to the kernel compilation challenge thread.

krishnakant Mane researchbase@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 20 12:01:46 IST 2006

On 20/09/06, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:
What mobo, ram size?

hello jtd lots of regards.
if you remember I had informed you about the project specs I am persuing.
by the way I have a via mini board with 256 mhz intel processor.  128
ddr ram, ac 97 sound card and the regular display.
I once booted slacks from a pen drive on the same mobo.
so Know that gnu/linux will work on it.  and the sound came up nicely.
but slacks is not giving me any support for custtomising the system.
more over I don't want to run my system on fat fs any way.
I am now procuring a vertex mobo with intel chipset and ac 97 sound
etc.  the company has already tested 2.6 kernel on the board with 128
mb ram.  the board is 5 by 3 inches and also works on batry and power
adapter.
it is costing rs 7000 and will provide me exactly what I want.
now only thing is that I haven't been able to find the knopix howto
which you were talking about.
and yes I have ubuntu installed on my system, so any idea how can I
make use of the same?
I don't want to install knopix on my system now that ubuntu is working fine.
I am as it is comfortable with debian and its new desktop flavour.
Krishnakant.