[ILUG-BOM] Re: Installation voes.

krishnakant Mane researchbase@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 20 01:27:59 IST 2006

On 20/09/06, Devdas Bhagat <devdas at dvb.homelinux.org> wrote:
The point is that you can create your own drivers, paying with your time
or hard cash. For some of us, that whole freedom thing is a bit more
important than running on the latest and greatest hardware (and yes,
_all_ my hardware works with Linux the day I buy it).
yes,
I find very few situations in which linux kernel does not have drivers
for a hardware.
and do you want to know what freedom is?
I was at the lab of Dr. Nagarjuna just couple of days back.
there is a windows machine lying in his lab "no joke really!"
the reason is that yes, one of his hp printer/ scanner does not work
with linux kernel.
but I told him promptly that I will write the device drivers for it.
if the spects are open nothing like it.
if they are closed, well, I will at least try.
Krishnakant.