[ILUG-BOM] Re: Installation voes.

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 20 20:58:30 IST 2006

krishnakant Mane wrote:
> On 19/09/06, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:
> 915 docs are NDA afaik. So avoid it like the plague.
> correct me if i am wrong.
> exactly jtd, the problem with that board is not of linux but I have
> the same problem with one of my clients on windows xp machines also.
> the display and lan are the major problem.

The point I am trying to make is that by now linux should be developed
to atleast that decent level where it can be installed on any
regular/popular motherboard without having to experiment with different
distros. What's the point of freedom if I can't choose my favourite
distro ( That too a 2006 release) for a new motherboard. Just as in
windows, I don't expect linux to have all drivers built in but atleast
it should load and install with basic drivers as in windows instead of
throwing up errors like that. I have had no problems of 915 chipsets
with XP.

Regards,

Rony.