[ILUG-BOM] How to design multilingual website

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 19 11:38:55 IST 2006

On 18-Sep-06, at 7:50 PM, Ashok kumar wrote:

> I want to design a  multilingual website and finding very very
> difficult how to go about it. Have any one done this before ?  if
> yes !!!  what are the points one has keep in mind while designing
> such website.

yes. One is the strings used in the code - just make a standard .po
file and you are done. Translating the content - all my content is
stored in database tables. I create fresh tables for each language -
the headache is to get people to translate, so this has not been
implemented as yet

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves