[ILUG-BOM] How to design multilingual website

Philip Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 19 11:44:10 IST 2006

Sometime Today, KG cobbled together some glyphs to say:

> yes. One is the strings used in the code - just make a standard .po
> file and you are done. Translating the content - all my content is
> stored in database tables. I create fresh tables for each language -
> the headache is to get people to translate, so this has not been
> implemented as yet

do you do run time string replacement or do you maintain separate copies
of html files for each language?  the former is non-performant, the
latter is a maintenance nightmare unless you have a single source of
truth that's compiled to each language version.

--
When the speaker and he to whom he is speaks do not understand, that is
metaphysics.