[ILUG-BOM] a funny insident with me, gnu/linux debate.

Devdas Bhagat devdas@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 18 13:47:03 IST 2006

On 18/09/06 13:14 +0530, jtd wrote:
<snip>
> But that is what makes the bulk markets. In which case one would have
> to go up to PCIE. Honestly tho i havent even seen the numbers,
> availability or costs as yet.

Pssst: there are plenty of systems out there running Linux, but not on
the PC architecture.

And bulk markets mean very little in the networking market. The money is
in enterprise and in being able to connect to almost anything in the
telecom world.

And ARM is plenty popular. What do you think most consumer grade
equipment runs on?

Devdas Bhagat