[ILUG-BOM] Re: RHEL 3 on IBM x346

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Aug 20 19:56:08 IST 2006

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 06:12:09PM +0530, Nadeem M. Khan wrote:

> Thats the way to go while installing windows on the xseries.
>
> Anyway, I had inserted the setup disk into a windows box and searhced
> for aic*.* in the hope of finding the img file which would help me
> install Linux, but no luck.

A friend of mine experimented with an IBM server that was to be given to
a client and he found the SCSI driver image for windows from the IBM
site. So see if you can get drivers for linux too. BTY, I had installed
RHEL3 WS on the same server machine without any problem. Only the
gigabit ethernet device could not be detected and even after downloading
the tar.gz driver for the same and doing the make and make install
process, the lan was not up. Then next day he tried Suse 10 and it
loaded properly but was slow.

Regards,

Rony.