[ILUG-BOM] Re: unscubscribe me

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 19 13:53:43 IST 2006

> It is unfortunate that you have been hurt due to recent developments in
> the list. And my apologies to all for top posting.
>
> However, since this list being a public forum, list administrators have
> limited control over the individual members behaviour. The controls are
> in the form of moderation and occasional expulsion from the list.
>
> So far, you have been neither put on moderation nor have been removed
> from the list proves that the list administrators have found nothing
> wrong with the posts you have posted so far.
>
> When you participate in any public forum and when you express your ideas
> and opinions, you are bound to receive bouquets and brickbats.

I understand this. I was concerned because I had heard from the very
few list members, whom I have the good fortune of knowing in person,
that the general opinion about me had turned negative due to my
'ill-behaviour' on the list. Since I did not understand what my
mistakes were, and apprehensive of the fact that the list
administrators might be contemplating action against me, I thought I
would check with you.

> I will suggest that you continue to be on the list, but at the same time
> exercise due control in replying to various mails. I would suggest that
> you can completely ignore all treads which is non-technical in nature
> and stay away from all philosophical, political and ideological
> discussions and threads.

Your advice is well taken and appreciated.

I have high regard for some of the members of linuxers at mm.glug-bom.org
and hopefully such a situation would not arise in the future.

> I sincerely hope that you will understand the limitations and pitfalls
> of list administrations.

Rest assured. I do.

Yours truly,
Debarshi
--
Don't be humble ... you're not that great.
                                              -- Golda Meir