[ILUG-BOM] RHEL 3 on IBM x346

Harsh Busa harsh.busa@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 19 04:33:53 IST 2006

On 8/18/06, Nadeem M. Khan <nadeem.m.khan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/19/06, Harsh Busa <harsh.busa at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well thanks for the info. Fortunately I managed to get hold of the
> > > .img.gz file off the net. Unfortunately, I am not able to gunzip it.
> > >
> > > # gunzip aic79xx-2.0.10-i386-rhel3.img.gz
> > >
> > > gunzip: aic79xx-2.0.10-i386-rhel3.img.gz: not in gzip format
> > >
> > > # file aic79xx-2.0.10-i386-rhel3.img.gz
> > >
> > > aic79xx-2.0.10-i386-rhel3.img.gz: x86 boot sector, code offset 0x3c,
> > > OEM-ID " mkdosfs", root entries 224, sectors 2880 (volumes <=32 MB) ,
> > > sectors/FAT 9, serial number 0x40774d07, label: "           ", FAT (12
> > > bit)
> > > #
> > >
> > use file cmd to see wat fformat is that file . if its an disk image
> > file then use
> > dd if=filename of=/dev/fd0  and then use it to load the drivers ... if
> > u use windows there are tools like rawrite to help u
> >

> I *did* use the file command and posted its output in my earlier mail
> (see above).

well if its a img file then try dd to copy the img to a disk and then
try using the disk . using cp to copy this doesnot help . if u have
tried this download the file again and try from someother computer.  i
have used similar drivers for suse es 8 /9 ... best to use the the
link provided in the certification document and not even to attempt if
the hw is not certified coz for all you know something else will break
:)