[ILUG-BOM] Re: [OT]fetchmail + gmail: How to prevent downloading archived mail

Krishna Dagli/Krushna Dagli krishna.dagli@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Aug 19 00:35:51 IST 2006

> Dear List,
>
> I use my GMail address to receive all my mails. I use POP to receive
> the mails and a copy of every mail is archived after it is downloaded
> from the server. I use fetchmail to download the messages and Mutt is
> my mailing agent. Sometimes, when I receive a large number of
> messages, I check my mail directly on mail.google.com , that is I read
> the mails and archive them. Now, the next time I use fetchmail to
> download my mails, the mails which I'd read and archived are also
> downloaded. Is there any way to prevent this?

Can you tell if this is happening after setting up pop access in
gmail? ie. After reading mail thr' web interface if you setup pop
access again does next fetch cycle download those messages?

-Krishna