[ILUG-BOM] How to connect to the Internet using motorola sb5101 cable modem in fc5

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 18 23:58:17 IST 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 03:07:49AM -0700, Mahesh Gurav wrote:
> Hi I'm new to linux.
>   I have installed FC5 a day ago and want to connect to the internet.
>   My service provider is Hathway Cable Internet and i connect windows xp to the internet using Motorola SB5101 cable modem provided by hathway.
>   If anyone could tell me in details how to connect FC5 to the internet. I have the IP address and dns server setting which I have noted down from XP.

The hathway modem has already done it all. In your FC5 simply setup your
network card with your ip, subnet, gateway and dns details. Usb
interface will not work unless someone has come up with a driver for the
same.

Regards,

Rony.