[ILUG-BOM] [OT] MTNL Tri Band ADSL equipment config

sherlock at antispam sherlock@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Mar 22 10:36:33 IST 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 22:12, Derwyn Dpenha wrote:

1) What model of modem
2) what make (quite often the model num is mangled by the importer)
3) does it connect to the pc via the Ethernet / serial /usb port

Also google. Here is what i found.
http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7909082870.html

> The modem driver in suse is DSL-502
> Has anyone suceeded in doing this MTNL/Tri band connection on
> Linux.... If no has anyone spoken to MTNL as to how to get this
> connection up on linux... The stupid linesmen have no idea at
> all.....

Nobody in MTNL (or the other ISPs) will have a clue when you say
Linux. They will tell u point blank that it wont work, which is
total rubbish.
I rolled over laughing when the tataindicom zombie wanted
to know "yes, but which version of windows linux" to which i
replied "linux 2005" and he says "sorry sir we only support
windows 2000, we have not yet installed windows linux 2005"

rgds
jtd