[ILUG-BOM] GooOS

Rishi Gangoly rishi@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 15 10:30:31 IST 2004

Hi All

With all this hype of Gmail and Google, I was wondering what people here think
about the Google OS (GooOS)

http://www.kottke.org/04/04/google-operating-system

Since stuff at Google is proprietory (I think) are there people in the free
software world thinking of countering a giant like Google?

I feel they seem to have succeeded with replacing stuff from Microsoft with
the GNU/Linux OS and Open Office Suite... It's just a matter of time when all
the people on the planet wake up to using it. ;-)

If this is considered 'off topic', I apologize and promise not to post any
more thoughts like this.

Regards

Rishi