[ILUG-BOM] Sendmail Problem

Animesh Singh an2rhyme@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Apr 14 04:27:06 IST 2004

try running these commands on the system and let us
know the output of same

/usr/lib/sendmail -bv animesh at linux.org

&

/usr/lib/sendmail -bv user_on_server at domain_name.org

put ur valid local user and ur domain for which the
mail server is configured to receive the e-mail. Its
only for the second line.

SMTP conneoction can be timeout by any MTA 'cause of
many reasons.
Timeout value must be less.
Mail HUB or Sub Server is not epensive mailer nad its
not able to resolve the recepient domain.

--- Trevor Warren <trevor.w at pvision.biz> wrote:

> Morning Mangesh,
>
> Mangesh V Rakhunde said:
> >

> >  Even when i sen= d a mail from outlook or
> squirrelmail... it gets
> >    timed out..
> [snip]
>
>  Can you please send us the o/p of "netstat -ln".
> Also, can you tell us

<snip>
Also proper routing is very must.

> what is your local domain configured as. Perform a
> "nslookup domainname"
> and see if it can be resolved from the Command
> prompt.
<snip>
As per the RFC standard of SMTP, any mail domain has
to be configured for the MX exchanger. So make it sure
that u do the above configuration adn testing.